A structured video marketing plan facilitates exposure of your viewers to the proper message by the right means. Creating marketing videos has become paramount for all businesses today because people spend one-third of their time watching videos. As per recent data, more than 86% of companies use video as a marketing tool.
Because of this tremendous growth, you are far behind if you are not releasing video content regularly. Creating videos has become easier than ever before because of the online video editor, as they facilitate creating unique and professional-looking videos in no time.
How to create a video marketing strategy?
Video marketing strategies are not something very new to the market, but the dimensions and ways of doing things have transformed impeccably with time. Whenever structuring a video marketing strategy, here are a few things that you should keep in mind-
- Begin by thinking about your video goals
- Monitor your target audience
- Find out what story or message you want to convey
- Keep creative needs inline
- Adhere to the timeline
- Keep a realistic budget
Now that you know how to start creating a video, let us learn about some of the fantastic tips to develop a video marketing strategy for your brand.
Tips for a winning video marketing strategy
1. Understand the purpose of creating the video – The first thing to do is to outline your video’s goals. Usually, the objective is to get a good ROI and maintain a balanced approach. However, ask yourself what you want your videos to attain? What kind of video will you make? Where in the marketing funnel can these videos be unsuccessful? Etc.
If you are still a beginner, first starting with your video marketing strategy, it is advisable to create fewer goals to avoid the process becoming cumbersome. Always create a video, keeping your target audience in mind, as the content you present may vary as per the demographics, age group, and choice of the audience.
To create a professional-looking video hassle-free, you can also use a video editor as it provides you with various features such as themes, background, and other customization options.
2. Decide the theme of the video – There are numerous types of videos in the market. Thus, you should first determine the type of videos that would work best for your brand and your audience. It is a crucial step in your marketing strategy. Quality content is important, but it is only beneficial when it appropriately reaches the right audience.
Various themes that are being used these days, some of the significant ones are-
- How-to videos
- DIY videos
- Leaderships discussions and talks
- Company policies and culture
- Help and support tutorials
3. Who will create the video content? – This is one vital thing that you need to decide upon, i.e., will you create a video in-house by using an online video editor or outsource it from a third party? While evaluating your budget, resources, audience, and the time involved in creating a video, you can make your decision.
If you have a low budget, you can even create videos yourself by using editors to help save a lot of money. Plus, they provide you with ample options for creating a video as per your taste. But, it would help if you had a good content production plan irrespective of whether you create yourself or outsource because it will help save considerable time and money in the long run.
If you choose to do it yourself, you should prepare a list of equipment and props required, write and edit a script, storyboard the video, identify the places where you will shoot, gather the right people, check if the music you are using is licensed or not, know where to send the video for editing and determine who will do the approval sign-offs for every step.
4. Select your platform – Another vital thing to remember while developing a video marketing strategy for your brand is deciding on the platform where you will post your video. As per Statista, users on social media networks like Facebook, Instagram, and Snapchat spend about half of their time on video content.
You can select any of the three to commence your video marketing, but obviously, it will also depend on the type of product and target audience. If you wish to create videos for all three platforms quickly, you can use an online editor as it helps create different kinds of videos effortlessly.
5. Maintain a realistic budget- Budget rules everything! Creative and strategy planning are vital, but you should be practical as without creating a proper budget, it will be tough for you to achieve what you want. A lot of marketers make a mistake thinking that investing plentiful hard-earned money in video marketing will make their brand or project a huge success.
That is not true. If that money is not executed well in the plan, you might fail to achieve success. All you need is to keep your campaign goals in mind and plan to invest money and resources accordingly. Compare prices by contacting how much they charge for certain services and how much you have to pay if you hire a freelancer or full-time employee. This would give you an insight into a better option in terms of budget and allow you to invest efficiently in video marketing and make the most out of it.
6. Optimization- Many people think that marketing strategy comprises creating videos and posting them on relevant platforms. But, the truth is that it is not the end but the beginning of your marketing strategy.
You have to keep various other things in cue, such as scheduling your videos at the correct time, keeping a consistent publishing schedule, try using user-generated-content to increase your sales volume, tracking metrics such as the attention span, click-rates, content leads of your videos and use Facebook live videos as it enables to get an impressive response alongside increasing your line of trusted followers.
So, these were some of the best tips that you can use for creating a video marketing strategy for your brand, as they will help increase your brand awareness and boost conversions.