Aloe vera Gel is like water. It’s everywhere, but you can’t drink it. Well, at least not with a straight face, but you sure can find it in almost every skin and hair care product. Why? Because it’s an all-around antibacterial, antioxidant, antiseptic, and anti-inflammatory plant that soothes heals, and hydrates without irritating or drying out your skin.
This medicinal boon from nature has been an active part of the beauty industry for ages right alongside Curcumin (Turmeric), Witch Hazel, Burdock Root, etc. The benefits of aloe vera gel for skin are aplenty but it’s most commonly known for its wound healing and soothing properties.
On days you skimped on sunscreen, chances are that you ended up with a sunburn which can be treated by applying aloe vera. This medicinal plant stores water, creating a clear, gel-like substance in the leaves, which contains vitamins, antioxidants, minerals, and amino acids that bring so much relief during the healing process.
Benefits of Using Aloe Vera Gel For Skin
- Moisturizes Skin – Each stem of an aloe vera plant holds approximately 96% of water which is the average of our body weight. So, imagine how easily it can help plump up the skin and restore skin elasticity and flexibility. It is also a humectant that locks in water molecules from the surrounding environment and prevents premature moisture loss from the skin’s epidermal layer.
- Soothes Redness – Aloe vera soothes redness and irritation caused by dirt, pollution, free radical exposure, etc. It also helps prep the skin and ease in absorption rate while receiving any potent treatments like chemical exfoliation or tattoos.
- Heals Wounds – Wound healing is one of the primary benefits of aloe vera gel for the skin. It contains vitamin E and C, which helps treat cuts and wounds before it spreads to other areas.
- Prevents Acne – Aloe vera has antiseptic and antimicrobial properties that prevent acne and also fight any new active acne present on the skin’s surface. Its antioxidant properties promote oxygen in the bacteria-oil clogs and thereby kills acne on the spot.
- Treats Blemishes – Acne leaves behind marks that end up staying for much longer than the acne. Aloe vera helps soothe the affected area and heal the skin back to health, resulting in lighter acne marks or blemishes with every use.
- Fades Acne Scars – Aloe vera’s wound-healing abilities help acne to heal quickly without leaving scars. It also helps resurface fairly new scars and smoothing out uneven texture.
- Fights Premature Aging – Aloe vera gel fights signs of aging like fine lines and wrinkles by tightening and uplifting the skin. By preventing loss of ceramides and collagen from the skin’s protective barrier, aloe vera helps prevent skin from sagging or developing age spots.
- Removes Dark Circles & Puffiness – The use of aloe vera gel for skin under the eye area reduces blood clots that cause dark circles and puffiness. Apply the gel twice daily to depuff and rejuvenate the affected area.
- Reverses UV-induced Tanning – Aloe vera can fade new signs of tanning with its antioxidant properties. So, bye-bye tan & hello even complexion!
- Controls Oil Production – As excess oil is produced by dry skin, aloe vera with its hydrating properties prevents skin from producing more oil. Get that picture-perfect matte finish with this herb.
Mamaearth Aloe Vera Gel works like magic for both your skin and hair. It penetrates your skin and scalp to nourish & moisturize from deep within. The antibacterial properties present in both Aloe Vera and Vitamin E prevent itchy scalp and irritated skin. Regular application will promote even skin tone, fight breakouts, and prevent wrinkles on your skin. Its regular use on hair will keep them shiny, strong, moisturized, and make the scalp healthy and happy. Suitable for all skin and hair types, this Aloe Vera Gel has no harmful chemicals and is free of Toxins, Parabens, and Mineral Oils. Mamaearth Aloe Vera Gel Use as a daily moisturizer for face, skin, hair, moisturizing after shave lotion for men and women, loaded with nutrients such as vitamins a, c, e, b12 folic acid and much more